As part of our commitment to keeping the clinic a safe space for both patients and therapists, we have developed new procedures and protocols, in line with the BCCDC, and the Colleges of Massage and Physiotherapy. We have outlined what you can expect before your appointment, at the time of your appointment, and behind the scenes, between appointments. We appreciate your co-operation, flexibility and patience as we all work together to be able to continue to help you with your health care needs. You may download and print copy of these procedures and protocols.
Prior to your appointment:
- You will be contacted to complete Covid-19 related pre-screening questions. You can access the self-screening tool at: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
- Your appointment will be rescheduled if the pre-screening warrants it, both on behalf of the patient and the therapist.
- No late cancellation fees will be charged for visits cancelled with less than 24 hours notice for health-related reasons.
- We will be asking the pre-screening questions at the start of every session to verify the ability to move forward with the treatment.
- Therapists will also be doing daily pre-screening and will cancel appointments as required.
- You can pre-pay for your appointment using the secure system on Jane payments.
For your appointment:
- Please arrive at the clinic no more than 5 minutes prior to your appointment time. Once you arrive, please wait in the hall outside the clinic until your therapist comes to greet you.
- Upon entering the clinic, please wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds. There will be single use hand drying options for you in our washroom.
- We ask that you do not wear gloves to the clinic, and instead use the appropriate hand washing procedures.
- Please keep personal belongings to a minimum. For Massage Therapy patients, there will be a plastic bin you will be asked to keep your personal belongings in, which will be cleaned between each patient.
- We will no longer have water available for patients, but do still encourage you to hydrate, so you may want to have a water bottle with you or in your vehicle for after your treatment.
- As physical distancing is not possible during treatments, patients and therapists are required to wear a mask. Please bring your own mask, cloth options are acceptable. If you forget you will be provided one at the office.
- We ask that you use a tissue to open any doors, they will be made available wherever they may be needed.
- If at anytime during a treatment you need to touch your face, please use a tissue to do so.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
- Contactless payment options are available, for Debit, Visa and Mastercard. We ask that you do not use cash or cheques at this time if at all possible. You can arrange etransfers with your therapist if you need to.
- Please book appointments online if possible, to limit the amount of time spent in the office and at the desk.
- Receipts will be emailed whenever possible to limit contact.
- Cleaning will be done regularly with hospital grade cleaner for high traffic and high touch areas.
- Treatment tables and high touch points in the treatment rooms will be cleaned in between each patient, as well as the front desk area, and the washroom
- All linens will be replaced for every patient.
- We have scheduled more time in between patients to allow for extra cleaning time.
- We have removed many items from the clinic to declutter and allow for easier cleaning.
- If there is already someone at the desk when you finish your appointment, you may be asked to wait in the treatment room until the front desk area is cleared.